Sunday, October 20, 2013

Drum Buddy!


Ok obviously many of you out there have seen this already but it has now hit classic status in my book so if you have seen it go ahead and check it out again. If you have not had the pleasure let me introduce you to the drum buddy. It's a magnificent five oscillator synth with light sensors and a turntable/light combo that makes for the most simplistically genius blend of form and function I have seen since the pistol! Functional folk-art. Whatever you want to call it, it inspired me so much when I saw it around 2008! It blew my mind. I paid homage to it with a turntable wah I made but I can't touch the craftsmanship that goes into the drum buddy. Like I said, It's just an homage. Quintron is the great genius behind the drum buddy. If you haven't heard his music yet check it out. Q and miss pussycat just came through Eureka and played the shanty, it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment