Sunday, August 4, 2013

The green monster




I've always had the most trouble with names, I don't like to name songs, I have lots of ideas for bands but i would hate to have to choose just one, I even hate naming pets! I usually just let someone else suggest a nickname that becomes a title or I just describe the thing I'm naming and that's the name. In this case both happened. My friend mike called this thing the green monster before I had a name for it and it is just a big green monster. it has three oscillators and a filter. The knobs are authentic de-commishined aircraft knobs from the inside of an airplane cockpit.




1 comment:

  1. Hello, I like a lot the sound of this "green Monster", but there a few things that i dont understand from the schematic, and I thought that maybe you could explain them to me.
    I understand the frist 2 oscillators; the first one can goes to the output through a resistor or a diode, and the second one can be controlled by a light sensor or a potentiometer, and it goes to the output through a resistor. But I can't figure out how the third one works. what does the transistor does? Is the filter in the schematic? please please please explain it a bit more... I am still new to electronics. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete